Monday, July 31, 2017

Weekend Recap x 2


Hello all! Hope you all had a fantastic weekend!  I can't believe July is practically over. I'm still not sure how that happened.
I haven't done a recap in a while so I figured it was time to do a little catch up. (Two weekends combined into one post!)

Last weekend my husband and I took a little mini vacation/baby-moon in Palm Springs. (Won from Ellen!) We had such a fun time and met some new friends. Once we arrived, we knew we wanted to grab lunch. So of course, I yelped some placed nearby that were different than what we are used to getting. We tried a handcrafted burger place called Eureka. It was pretty tasty.  After eating we were craving some good ice cream so were starting to head to get some when a light came up on my husbands truck that we had never seen before. Something about a system failure, so we took it in to a Ford dealership right away! Luckily they were still open when this happened and we didn't end up being stranded in Palm Springs! We were there for a good two hours and luckily they were able to fix the issue.





By then, we just wanted to get back to the hotel to enjoy some pool time.
We ended up staying at the pool a while before we went out to dinner at a place a friend recommended called "The Nest." It was pretty good, but a little overpriced for the taste. I think they are trying to make it more of an upscale restaurant. My husband got the Filet and I got a Sausage pasta. Both came with salad and dessert. We chose the chocolate mousse.
We made it an early night because we knew we wanted to enjoy the pool the entire next day.

We woke up and had breakfast in the hotel lobby and then headed to the pool.  I of course had to get a lovely Virgin Pina Colada! It was so yummy!  We went back to the room around 5 pm to get ready for dinner. Hubby treated me to Mastros. My favorite! I haven't wanted steak at all this pregnancy, which is weird to me (I also like it cooked medium rare and since I can't have it prepared that way I just can't have it any other way hah) So I opted for the Salmon. Which was fantastic by the way! We had creamed corn, brocolli, and mashed potatoes and of course finished it off with the amazing buttercake!







We really enjoyed ourselves and had a nice relaxing getaway that was much needed!

This weekend was spent planning for my baby shower coming up in two weeks!
My cousins came over and we went over details and made a few items for the party.
We also shopped for some gifts for the game prizes.  I sported this beautiful dress from PinkBlush on Saturday. I love the navy color and lace details and that it comes with a belt to show off the bump. (Officially 31 weeks today!)

This dress is so comfortable--Especially in this heat! I love that I will be able to wear it after having the baby too! It's the perfect dress for on the go!




Navy Lace Accent Belted Maternity Dress



 

2 comments:

  1. Girlfriend, you are glowing, and all your maternity clothes from PinkBlush just look SO darling on you! Also, it sounds like you had a great babymoon. So glad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you won an amazing babymoon along with lots of other goodies from Ellen! Now I wish I was laying by that pool with a pina colada - yum! That dress looks amazing on you, PinkBlush for the win <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to comment my blog & will do my best to respond to each and every one of you! :) xoxo Lisa Nicole ♥
Please follow my social media accounts
>> facebook// twitter //etsy <<